This Boston area program is designed and conducted by Brimmer and May School, recognized as a leading US independent school by the National Association of Independent Schools and named a model school for the 21st Century. A ten-day comprehensive program for a student age 11-14 and one parent to learn how to select, gain admission, and thrive in an American college preparatory school.
is unique in preparing international students and their families to select the right American school, gain admission, and succeed.
LAUNCH POINT is open to any international student and their parent, who meet the criteria.
LAUNCH POINT HELPS INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS succeed in American classrooms through a unique combination of:
- Seminars to help international students identify and interpret the unique aspects of American education
- Humanities, STEAM, Arts, and Sports
LAUNCH POINT HELPS INTERNATIONAL FAMILIES support their children in a new culture, an unfamiliar teaching style, and a new routine, all of it in a new language. Launch Point is the only program that offers parents the ability to:
- Identify your child as an individual learner
- Understand the options in American education
- Select the right school for your individual student
- Visit secondary schools, colleges, and universities
- Manage details and navigate support systems
The unique curriculum together with integrated classroom and field experiences empowers students to succeed with American teaching methods and school protocols in academics, sports, and the arts.PARENT PROGRAM
A parallel program for parents is presented in English with a Mandarin translator. Parents learn about types of American schools, selecting the right school for their individual student, appropriate preparation, admission processes, and support systems for students living abroad.